Friday, July 1, 2011

Introduction

Pianist Ian ("Stu") Stewart is one of the founding members of The Rolling Stones. Although manager Andrew Loog Oldham decided early on in their career that there would be no place for Stu in the Stones, he stayed with the band until his untimely death in 1985, aged 47. This modest weblog is intended to be a place where all the pieces of Stu's life and career will come together. Ian Stewart, aka the Sixth Stone, has had a huge influence on the direction and development of the music of The Rolling Stones, but to the general public his important role in the band's career is hardly known. Personally I think that's a shame, and that's why I have started this blog. I'm not really sure which direction (if any...) this blog is gonna take, but I'm looking forward to put the pieces of Stu's life together. Since I'm not a native speaker (I'm from the Netherlands), my use of the English language won't always be that fluid, but I hope we'll all come over that. Let's get started!

Bé (xpensivewinos56)

No comments:

Post a Comment