Saturday, November 12, 2011

Stu-Ball

Bass player Bill Wyman happened to be the first member of the Rolling Stones to get engaged in many side projects. Wyman: 'My projects outside the Stones included producing Bobbie Miller, the End and John Lee's Groundhogs. At a Bobby Miller session at IBC Studios (January 5, 1966), Glyn Johns and I cut a track called "Stu-Ball", with me on bass, Tony Meehan (ex-Shadows) on drums, Keith Richards playing guitar and Ian Stewart on piano'.

The song, written by Wyman and Stu, and credited to Ian Stewart and the Railroaders, became the B-side of Bobbie Miller''s Decca single, "Everywhere I Go", released in March. If you want to, you can find this little instrumental gem somewhere down here.

Adapted from the following source: Bill Wyman, Rolling With The Stones, Dorling Kindersley, 2002.

1 comment:

  1. I have heard this track many times from a young age.. As my mum is Bobbie Miller and spoke about it all the time..:)

    ReplyDelete